Knowing All About Cardamom Oil
Good evening friends. We already had one article committed to the benefits of Cardamom oil. So you all must be thinking what is this article about? Okay so let me tell you this article will provide you information about properties of cardamom oil and it covers a short usage guide of oil. So without wasting time, let us read ahead.
Cardamom is an herb. It is a beloved spice in Asian, Middle Eastern, and European culinary dishes. Its use in the medicinal and food industry is immense. It was used by ancient Egyptians and Arabs as a go-to remedy for the digestive system. The cardamom oil is extracted from the seeds of fruit using steam distillation. The oil has in it many properties that make it so valuable. This is why today we are going to have a glimpse of those valuable properties.
Properties of Cardamom oil:
- Antimicrobial: Because of the powerful anti-oxidant property, this oil has the potential to deal with harmful microorganisms and even decrease their growth. This quality of oil can be utilized in the preservation of food and beverages. The use of cardamom in cosmetics especially mouth wash is a trend because it improves oral hygiene by killing germs and it also eliminates bad breath.
- Antioxidant: The cardamom oil has in it a very beneficial antioxidant property. This property of oil helps to fight against free radicals that generate in the body. The property of antioxidants has been linked with lower blood pressure. This has been concluded by research.
- Diuretic: This property of oil is also very beneficial in treating various bodily defects. The use of cardamom oil encourages urination. This will help an individual lose weight, lower blood pressure. This is also effective against eliminating toxins as well as clean calcium and urea deposits through kidneys.
- Antiseptic: It is no wonder that cardamom oil has antiseptic properties in it. Cardamom seeds have always been chewed to avoid the bad odor of the mouth. The oil of seeds fulfills the same purpose. It helps to keep germs at bay. It can also be added to drinking water to eliminate the germs in it. The application of oil in food is also common as it protects food from microbial spoilage. It can even in incorporated into bath water to disinfect hair and skin.
- Antispasmodic: Essential oils have always been in rescue from muscular spasms. Cardamom oil to holds the antispasmodic properties that provide relief from muscular and respiratory spasms. This ultimately gives relief from muscle pulls and cramps, asthma, and also whooping cough.
- Stimulant: Essential oils have their effect on the overall health of the body. The wonderful middle note spicy aroma of cardamom oil holds the potential to overcome depression and fatigue. In addition to that, it energizes the secretion of many enzymes and hormones, gastric juices, circulation as well as excretion. Therefore it maintains the overall metabolic action of the body.
- Aphrodisiac: Cardamom is a well known aromatic spice. Various cultures claim that cardamom oil has in it powerful aphrodisiac qualities, that can help to treat impotence. It also helps to heal sexual weakness, erectile dysfunction, lack of libido, and frigidity. The oil is rich in eucalyptol that actually increases blood flow in areas where it is applied.
- Immune booster: Cardamom oil is an excellent source of minerals. Thus it helps to boosts the overall immunity of the body. The oils iron and copper content is important for cellular energy metabolism and for the generation of red blood corpuscles (RBCs). The oil also contains potassium in it which is helpful in maintaining cardiovascular health. It also has manganese in it that enhances the antioxidant property of the object. This way cardamom oil boosts the overall immunity of the body.
- Stomachic: Cardamom oil stimulates the overall digestive system of the body and that too in a positive way. In addition, it is stomachic naturally that is it promotes the appetite and assists digestion. It plays a key role in keeping the stomach healthy. It helps to keep up with the secretion of gastric juices, bile juices, and acids within the stomach. In short, cardamom oil aids in digestion and also safeguards the stomach from infections.
These properties are responsible for the benefits possessed by Cardamom oil. Cardamom oil has a multitude of benefits and I would suggest you read my previous article to know what those benefits are.
Now we will see a quick usage guide of Cardamom oil to make it easy for you to adopt this magnificent essential oil in your life.
Usage guide of Cardamom oil:
1) Cardamom oil in Diffuser: It can be used in a diffuser to get benefit from its spicy aroma that energizes and relaxes the body. Add 3-4 drops of oil in a diffuser and breathe the aroma to induce relaxation after a tough day. Immunity system of body can also strengthen by diffusing cardamom oil. This can really be helpful in cold and flu season.
Cardamom oil + Diffuser = Relaxed mind & strengthen immune system
2) Cardamom oil as antispasmodic: Massage blend of cardamom oil can be prepared to utilize cardamom oil’s antispasmodic properties. Cardamom oil can be helpful to overcome muscle spasms, just massage few drops on oil in affected area. Mix 15 drops of oil with one ounce of carrier or base oil. Coconut oil is mostly preferred carrier oil.
Cardamom oil + Coconut oil = Antispasmodic properties
3) Cardamom oil in Aromatherapy blend: Cardamom oil blends well with other essential oils like Orange, Rose, and Eucalyptus oil so it can be mixed with them and applied. Cardamom oil weight loss diffuser blend can be prepared with help of other essential oils like grapefruit and cinnamon. This can be diffused to enjoy the aroma and get benefit.
Cardamom oil + Orange oil = Aromatherapy blend
4) Cardamom oil for bad breath: Cardamom oil can also be used to get rid of bad mouth odor. For this application, mix 2 drops cardamom oil to tablespoons of water. Swish in your mouth for 30 seconds before spitting and rinsing.
Cardamom oil + Water = overcome bad breath
5) As cardamom oil is really beneficial in improving digestion, inhaling fragrance oil before and after meal can improve digestion. This can also be achieved by dabbing few drops of oil diluted with carrier oil on wrists or behind the ears.
6) Mix 3 drops of cardamom oil with that of carrier oil and massage with this mixture on skin. The warming effects of oil will help to boost the metabolism.
7) Cardamom oil can be incorporated into bath in form of aromatherapy. This will help to overcome stress and depression.
8) Add few drops of cardamom oil with water, this mixture can be used for washing face. This will help to disinfect skin and get rid of skin aliments.
9) Cardamom oil can also be massaged on stomach, this will help to overcome problem of stomach pain and bloating.
This was all about the properties and usage of Cardamom essential oil. I hope you find the article helpful and will be waiting to hear from you in comment section. Do share your views.